Fee structures, service delivery, succession planning and more!
I have Professional Indemnity Insurance through PI Financial Risk Services and Masthead operate as my compliance officer. I do not have Fidelity Insurance cover or any guarantees of any sort and I have no direct shares in any of the companies that I represent.
Asset Management Trail Fees
What Asset Management Trail Fees do or might pay for in my business service delivery.
Asset Management Trail Fees
1. Asset Management research time:
• Checking if the managers that I use are sticking to their investment mandates.
• Watching out for underperformance by any of them.
• Remain aware of other / better / alternative / more appropriate asset managers.
• Do basic due diligence and corporate governance processes on the asset managers used.
2. Specific responsibilities for clients wealth portfolios:
• Review income levels at income anniversaries.
• Check that re-investments into your portfolio are taking place and reflected as such.
• Monitor that your investment portfolios unit numbers are changing correctly regardless of currency or price values.
• Quarterly comparative statements generated for larger portfolios.
3. General services delivered or that might be requested
• An administrative record of your portfolio is created and held.
• General quarterly asset management / economic reviews emailed to clients.
• Monthly newsletters emailed relating to anything in the financial or financial planning world.
• Client meetings held as required during the year. The number of times and locality dependent on client needs and portfolio size.
• Advise on estate planning needs as required.
• Ad-hoc tasks and requests pertaining to your or an unrelated investment option.
• Other sundry financial planning advice or investment research is often requested.
• Taxation questions relating to taxable income inside the investments is often asked for.
I have a signed agreement in place with another independent financial advisor who is also a Certified Financial Planner® Licensee. He will pick up my client base and make contact with my clients. My executor is entitled, by way of our agreement, to instruct the asset management companies where I have my largest client bases to transfer these clients to this colleague. A client is in no way compelled to remain with this colleague. The structure is there to ensure an investment client is not left orphaned.
This can be agreed upon depending on the services requested and required.
Various elements of my financial planning practice might carry a fee for the task carried out. I run elements of Fee-Based Financial Planning that operate on task-based fees rather than a time sheet. This means that an implementation fee can be paid instead of initial commission. A Financial Needs analysis is done on a fee basis, a simple one-off consultation can be requested for a fixed fee. Further concepts can be discussed on request.